Thursday, September 20, 2012

Photo Opp. TIPS

One of my new hobbies is photography.  I've learned how to take advantage of great photo opp's in the moment, and I'm still learning how to make sure the light and frame is just right before clicking.  The really cool thing about technology these days is that you can take really great pictures from your iPhone!  And if you don't like how it turned out, there are lots of photo editing tools (Apps) for free.  I've learned how to take any image and make it better, simply by auto-correcting the color.  It just takes time to sit and play with the tools on your phone or computer.  (And how might a mom-on-the-go find time for that??  Well, I was lucky to have a family vacation at the beach for a week this summer, and let's just say that I took advantage of every kid-free moment...lol.)

Another idea is to use PicStitch to make photo collages.  It's fun to put multiple pictures together, because they tell a story.  One day, I want to print a book for my son with pictures of his first year - a picture book of his own life :)  Shutterfly, here I come!

Below are some of my favorite pieces of work, from a trip we took to Granbury/Fossil Rim.  I wasn't necessarily the photographer, but I helped set the scene or edit the picture after download.

Fun at the Lookout:  Here, I cropped the picture and then added a B&W effect.
 
Map Reading:  Here, I took advantage of the fun angle as he sat in my lap in the car.  I love the fact that he's holding the map but looking back at me, AND the map matches his shirt!



Giraffes:  Here, I wanted the focus to be Robbie as he was looking at the animals.

 


Lake View: I took advantage of the parallel/perpendicular lines from the railing.  I also make sure that I was far enough away to get the land and sky in the background.




No comments:

Post a Comment