Friday, September 28, 2012

Creating a Daily Soundtrack

Since we've cancelled our cable TV subscription- to make family our focus- I've come up with an alternative "outlet."  I LOVE music!  And I LOVE Pandora radio!  I pay a few bucks a month for Pandora One on my iPad, and it's commercial-free.  The past few days, I've found myself desiring different types of music to be playing in the background at different parts of my day.

Below is a sample of what my Daily Soundtrack might look like on a given day.  It changes daily as my moods change, but I've come to realize that encouraging, uplifting music can keep the mood light and lifted. 
  • Early Morning (breakfast time): Hymns 4 Worship
  • Later in the morning, whenever I need a better tempo to get us going: Praise & Worship
  • Playtime, Snack-time, and/or Lunchtime: Toddler Radio, Radio for Kids, Disney Children's (or CDs of choice with kid songs)
  • While Robbie is napping, I listen to Piano Solos while I work on the computer or around the house
  • In the afternoons (or on morning walks) I like 80's Pop or 60's Oldies
  • In the evenings while I cook dinner and wait for hubby to get home, I prefer Phil Collins, Hall & Oates, or Frank Sinatra
  • On the weekends, we enjoy Classic Country, Patsy Cline, and a number of other stations that I can't even think of right now.
Obviously, we all have very different tastes in music, and your personal soundtrack will be very different from ours!!  Just keep in mind that you want to be careful what your children are internalizing.  This is why I always start off with Worship music.  And if I'm using the "old fasioned" radio, I keep it on 94.9 KLTY Christian radio the majority of the time.  Another kid-friendly station seems to be 98.7 Oldies.



No comments:

Post a Comment